Monday, May 21, 2012

Author Spotlight- K. W. McCabe

The lovely K.W. McCabe is a fellow Indie author friend of mine who I am very impressed with! She has kindly answered my questions and I cannot wait to share a tidbit of this great gal with you!  K.W. McCabe currently has five Kindle ebooks available on Amazon:
         Poetry: Dark and Light: A Small Collection of Poetry, Fantasies of the Waking Dreamer: A small collection of poetry
         Anthologies: Dreams Both Real and Strange (Anthologies) , Dreams Both Real and Strange II (Anthologies)  & Dreams Both Real and Strange I and II  (combined)
They are all reasonably priced, so great for your pocketbook and easy enjoyment!
She also has two of her ebooks on Smashwords- Click here. One of which is called Froggy Love -a funny little twist to the Frog & the princess!
 She also has a book coming out called: The Dragon's Call - coming soon!


Now on to the Q&A's:

1. Where do you call home? Minnesota at the moment!

2. What is the title of your most recent book? I recently completed The Dragon’s Call and I’m working on edits and rewrites.

3. What's your Genre? Sci fi, fantasy, YA, romance, paranormal, speculative fantasy

4. Plans for a next book? Is this part of a Series? Dragon Kin is the sequel to The Dragon’s Call. I’m also working on the continuation of Lord Death’s tale which began in Dreams Both Real and Strange I&II.
5. Are you a self published author (Indie) ? Yes!

6. Who's your favorite author? Michelle Sagara West, hands down!

7. Your favorite book? ANYTHING by Michelle Sagara West
8. What book are you currently reading? Jane Eyre
9. A book you would recommend? Kushiel’s Dart

10. How do you pick your books? The cover usually catches my attention first (sad to say,) then I read the back blurb to see if I’ll like the content. -Don't worry K.W. we all do that:0)

11. Advice for other authors? Join the internetwritingworkshop.com. Get free writing advice and coaching!
12. Do you write under a pen name? Yes: K.W. McCabe and Yvette Duval (coming soon)
13. Where do you write? In my room under nice warm blankets lol!
14. What do you wear when you write? PJs!
15. Do you have a pet (s)? Nope. Having a child is work enough lol!
16. Favorite food? Ethiopian cuisine

17. If you were deserted on an island, who are 3 famous people you would want with you? Dr. Phil, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, and Bear Grylls. I figure with those three no one will go crazy, sick, or starve!- Love it!
18. Of your characters, which one would you say is most like you and why? Laela from In Light of Burning. I began writing her story when I was eighteen or nineteen and her personality, her reactions, her character were more “me” than any other character I’ve written. I figure if you spend ten years writing a character, that’s bound to be the case!

19. What made you want to be a writer? I can’t say that anything “made” me want to be a writer—I’ve just been writing ever since I could write lol.
20. Any weird talent? I wish :-/
21. A favorite quote? “Art and writing can only be done when inspired, and inspiration comes from a sufficient amount of laziness!” - Is this a K.W. quote? :0)
22. What is the one thing you never go without? Coffee!!!!!
23. Your biggest influence? Michelle Sagara West and IWW
24. Favorite TV show? Once Upon A Time
25. A great blog you would like to recommend for others to discover? The Blood Red Pencil

I cannot thank K.W. enough for her time to answer my questions and allowing me to spotlight her on my blog! Want to connect with K.W.? Check her links below, don't forget to follow her blog and add one or all of her books to your Goodreads list!

K.W.'s Blog: http://kwmccabe.blogspot.com
Twitter connect: https://twitter.com/#!/kw_mccabe
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/#!/kywmccabe
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5269189.K_W_McCabe
Google +: https://plus.google.com/u/0/?tab=wX#110390369038722061721/posts


Thanks for dropping by!

2 comments:

  1. Was it hard to become a self published author? Any resources you can share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it took awhile to learn how to properly format the ebooks. Smashwords has a guide which helps with this and Amazon has resources in their guide as well. But the most important resource I use is the internetwritingworkshop.com - they provide crits, edits, writing advice in return for crits all for free! They are invaluable for writers who want to self-publish.

      Delete